Things that will help lower abortion rates:
- Comprehensive sex education in schools.
- Cheaper/easier access to birth control, condoms, and other preventative methods.
- Openness and communication between parents and sexually active children.
- Openness within the community regarding Planned Parenthood centers and health departments that provide cheap/free sexual health services.
- Implementation of sexual and reproductive health services geared toward trans* individuals and their sexual/reproductive health.
- Networks of support implemented to counsel and assist pregnant persons who will have a hard time paying for prenatal care, hospital delivery bills, and after birth care.
- Systems set up within schools that help pregnant teens stay in school while also being able to take care of and raise their child(ren.)
Things that will not lower abortion rates:
- Banning abortion and implementing laws that make it harder to get abortions.
- Limiting birth control access, making birth control harder for teens to get, making birth control more expensive, ect.
- Promoting abstinence only sex education.
- No communication between parents and sexually active teens.
- Schools that expel pregnant students.
- Incomplete/inaccurate sexual and reproductive health services for trans* individuals.